Helping a start-up global media and telecoms consultancy build a Global HR team and deliver a successful merger
Organisation: A startup global media and telecoms strategy consulting firm, with a dynamic growth agenda to expand into nine countries. With Partners and consultants predominantly based off-site at clients, opportunities for face-to-face communication were limited. All support services needed to leverage technology, providing streamlined support across all time zones. The Partners were keen to introduce strategic HR leadership to help drive talent and retention agendas aligned to the growth plans. The Firm was actively engaged in M&A activity, resulting in a Takeover.
Solution: Working in partnership with the Partners and existing HR team, a Global People Strategy was designed and implemented focussing on attracting, developing and retaining consultants as well as offering career development for small global support teams. The HR Operating Model combined in-house and external providers with an emphasis on technology to enable remote access.
- M&A Contribution – member of the lead negotiating team through takeover, including restructure and integration into the new firm.
- Lead Global Support Functions – included HR, Training, IT, Information Services, Secretaries and Reception, ensuring delivery was practical and client focussed.
- HR Transformation – clarified roles and responsibilities and aligned activities to the growth strategy. Harmonised global HR practices.
- Resourcing Strategy – aligned growth plans, resourcing needs and profitability models.
- Remuneration Strategy – ensured compensation structures remained competitive and incentivised high performance in line with company values and culture.
- Performance Management Strategy – introduced succession planning, career development, partner promotion, retention, 360 feedback and engagement activities.
- Global Mobility Programme – introduced for consultants to maximise development and knowledge sharing.